View Single Post
Old 08-17-2012, 02:27 AM   #30
sansaephanh
Professional

Send a message via AIM to sansaephanh

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxpotapov View Post
My experience with "rough" multies (such as RIP) shows that it is little good if string surface is more rough or sticky because it prevents strings from sliding in the first place. That means whatever action on the ball is lacking from the stringbed, you will have to supply yourself, and this is tiresome labor.

Polys slide and snap back whether they are rough or sleek, because of harder surface and increased stiffness. The only thing that comes close in terms of effortless spin is natural gut / poly hybrid, because of elasticity (snapback) of the gut mains and slippery surface of the poly cross.
I was thinking the exact same thing, but what other choice do i have if I want similar playability with completely different strings. There just ISN'T a compensation. Though i'm going to give these strings a shot anyways. I have the thirst to know. what these play like. I'm going to order hexy fiber 16 and have a go with it.