View Single Post
Old 08-19-2012, 06:38 PM   #140
tistrapukcipeht
Professional

First and foremost, I'd like to thank Luxilon and TW for the opportunity to play test, this was actually the first time I tested something for a company.

Full set or hybrid- Full set

Tension used for playtest- 52-49

Regular string set up- Yonex Poly Tour Spin (and Yonex Poly Tour HS on my doubles racquet)

Racquet brand and model used for test- Yonex Ezone Xi 100

Power of test string 3/10 - Low powered perfect match for my racquets, though a little less power than Yonex Poly Tour Spin and just as much as Poly Tour HS, which means no power really.

Feel 10/10 for a poly- Crisp as expected but soft surprisingly, but not better than the Yonex strings. I could always tell where I was hitting the ball with no problem, but how i handle heavy spin from others it wasn't nearly as good as with the strings I use.

Spin 0/10- You get no spin help from this string, you have to come up with fast acceleration to get extra spin because it also doesn't grab the ball very well. Both Yonex string blow the 4G away in spin dept. Very poor in the spin dept help.

Comfort 10/10- Very comfortable for a poly, more comfy than both Yonex strings since the beginning, even being crisp.

Durability6/10- It's been almost 8 hours, notched I think I could go another 6 hours with it, but it's not worth it to me.

Tension maintenance (how long before it became too loose or unplayable) 5/10. The tension maintenance isn't as good as the Yonex ones, Poly Tour HS plays well for 15 hours or so maybe more, the Yonex Poly Tour Spin barely moves in the first 5-6 hours, while the 4G starts to move just after 2-3 hours and gets worse, but still plays nice with good feel surprisingly by now, but you gotta put the string back where it's supposed to be.

Control (predictable trajectory? performance on different strokes and swing speeds?) 5/10- Control was alright, as far as keeping the ball in play, my balls were coming a little shorter than usual, so I had to be swinging harder than before. Lower balls coming from slices I could not control very well, since 4G doesn't grab the ball well. As far as flat shots it was good the direction, predictable as I expect from a round string, but overall to control and change direction and inject extra pace and spin wasn't good.

Compare to the string you use most often- Compared to Yonex Poly Tour SPIN, the Yonex string is better in everything but in comfort, I'd same the same thing for the Yonex Poly Tour HS, better in everything but in comfort, the HS has a more dead feel than the 4G in my opinion.

Tension recommendations (after hitting it, would you recommend a different tension? Why?) I'd drop it another 3 Lbs to get easier power and as it doesn't give you much spin

Summary: List 1 or 2 primary likes and dislikes.

Like- Like 1-as always, Luxilon strings have some the best feel for polyester even though this one isn't explosive in the first few hours like some of their other strings.

Like 2- I also liked the comfort without sacrificing control.

Dislike- lack of spin help, lack of ball bite that i'm used to, lack of more power.

Last edited by tistrapukcipeht : 08-19-2012 at 06:51 PM.
tistrapukcipeht is offline   Reply With Quote