View Single Post
Old 08-22-2012, 06:31 AM   #155
njsigman
Rookie

Full set or hybrid - Full Set

Tension used for playtest - 50 lbs in both mains and crosses

Regular string set up - Donnay X Hybrid Strings - Poly Mains at 50 lbs, Synthetic Crosses at 55 lbs.

Racquet brand and model used for test - Donnay Pro One 97

Power of test string - Extremely powerful!

Feel - String felt very, very stiff and unforgiving. Especially at the net

Spin - Generates tremendous spin

Comfort - Fairly comfortable for a stiff poly

Durability - Very durable, did not shred or peel

Tension maintenance (how long before it became too loose or unplayable) - Very good tension maintenance. No noticeable drop off after about 10 hours of play

Control (predictable trajectory? performance on different strokes and swing speeds?) - The string provided very good control. I would swing very hard and was able to keep the ball in the court. Was definitely aided by the good spin that was generated. Trajectory was consistent with other strings that I normally play with. On slower swings, the string still felt controlled, however at the net, it did feel unforgiving on mis-hits.

Compare to the string you use most often - The Donnay hybrid string that I currently play with offers me pretty comfortable power and good access to spin. It is much more forgiving for me at the net. That was the biggest difference for me over this Luxilon 4G test string.

Tension recommendations (after hitting it, would you recommend a different tension? Why?) I might drop the string down to about 48 lbs to see if it offers me any additional forgiveness at the net

Summary: List 1 or 2 primary likes and dislikes. - Likes: Good power and control, good tension maintenance. Dislikes: String felt stiff and unforgiving at the net.

Thanks again TW and Luxilon for the opportunity to play test this string as well as the free T shirt!!

Last edited by njsigman : 08-22-2012 at 06:35 AM. Reason: Spacing
njsigman is offline   Reply With Quote