View Single Post
Old 08-22-2012, 06:02 PM   #161
Chace
Semi-Pro

Full set or hybrid- Strung it up as full set

Tension used for playtest- 52lbs

Regular string set up- Genesis Black Magic 17g at 52lbs

Racquet brand and model used for test- Tecnifibre Tfight 320 16 by 19 string pattern

Power of test string- For a poly it was average in power compared to other polys. I felt it was less powerful than my usual string set up.

Feel-Feel was muted and quite nice but on off center shots i thought there was alot of vibration. It seemed like the sweetspot was small.

Spin- Spin was on par with the black magic, which i think is about average for a poly as far as spin. Nothing insane like you get from Tour Bite.

Comfort- Comfort was nice on shots hit on center, but again when out of the sweet spot there were alot of vibrations.

Durability- So far durability is fine, I have about 5 hours of play on it.

Tension maintenance (how long before it became too loose or unplayable)- So far tension maintenance is good for a poly. I would rate it above average compared to other polys i have used.

Control (predictable trajectory? performance on different strokes and swing speeds?)- Control is great, probably the best attribute of the string. I felt like I could swing out with confidence. Good bite off the backhand slice. Trajectory was predictable on all shots/strokes. For a poly i thought it was above average at the net, especially on touch/drop volleys. Also performed well with dropshots. On the serve it was decent. I felt that i lost a little pop off my flat serve and not as much action on my kick serve. However on the slice serve it performed well. Good bite and action on the slice serve.

Compare to the string you use most often- Black magic has more power. About = to black magic in terms of spin. Black magic better feel. 4G better control.

Tension recommendations (after hitting it, would you recommend a different tension? Why?) Maybe drop it a couple of pounds to get a little more pop.
Summary: List 1 or 2 primary likes and dislikes.
Liked the control and good tension maintenance for a poly,
Did not like the vibrations when hit off center and almost felt like the string shrunk the sweetspot of the racket.

Thanks to TW and Luxilon for the opportunity to playtest the string.

Last edited by Chace : 08-23-2012 at 03:13 AM.
Chace is offline   Reply With Quote