View Single Post
Old 08-22-2012, 06:34 PM   #2
VeeSe
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeeSe View Post
Hi all,

Last night, I restrung my racquet and recorded the tension with my stringmeter at about 50 lbs (varied a lot by which part I tested, I guess I am not that good at stringing). Today, after playing with it once, I measured it again and it has lost 3-4 lbs of tension compared to yesterday. Could this be due to inexperience with stringing in any way? I did keep the racquets in my tennis bag in my car all day while I was at work and it reached 83 degrees F peak temperature today, but my other racquet did not lose any tension from this even though it was in the car as well, so I doubt that it was the car (didn't feel all that hot when I got in, it was cloudy for a lot of the day).

Any help is appreciated, because it is pretty frustrating when you invest in a stringer so that you don't have to pay for restringing services and wait for restringing, yet you can't control what you want because you are so bad at stringing.
Nevermind, I just read up about fast tension loss immediately after stringing and how it settles down after a half a day or so. That must have been it. I measured immediately after stringing the first time.
VeeSe is offline   Reply With Quote