View Single Post
Old 08-22-2012, 09:53 PM   #164
Brocolt
Rookie

Full set or hybrid : I strung full bed to get a real feel for the string

Tension used for playtest: I strung this at 50lbs expecting it to be a low powered poly

Regular string set up: I am a string Junkie rarely play with the same string twice, always trying something new.

Racquet brand and model used for test: Babolat Pure Drive

Power of test string: I rate this a low powered poly that complemented my stiff frame power 3/10

Feel: Above average for a poly/co-poly sweet pocketing and nice touch on volleys 7/10

Spin: everything I could ask for in the spin department. Sure there are other polys with more spin but this string had all that I needed and great bite on the slice 8/10

Comfort: rated as a poly I say 9/10 up there with the soft polys like black widow its not Gut but the performance is worth a little comfort. Off center hits may be a little bit hard if you have elbow issues but one of the softer ones for sure. Dont be afraid to try it. It should be really nice in a hybrid also.

Durability: I dont see any issues with durability, I need to play with longer to get a good idea of how durable but I am just guessing 7/10

Tension maintenance (how long before it became too loose or unplayable)
Excellent so far very little % drop on Racquet tune and holding steady, No string movement still playing solid after 12hrs. 10/10 for a poly

Control : I give this a 10/10 for Control. Low power + Stiff frame = swing away baby. Groundies were a blast placing the ball with big swings excellent pocketing allows to move the ball very well. Serves were solid with nice kick and volleys were great.

Compare to the string you use most often: One word Fun, I have been playing Multis lately so I dont have to swing as hard. This was nice to swing as hard as I wanted and have the ball land on the line everytime. I am recovering from a broken wrist, so It gets pretty tired hitting that hard all the time.

Tension recommendations (after hitting it, would you recommend a different tension? Why?) 50lbs was on the money for me. Not sure if I would go any lower pretty sure I would not need to go higher

Summary: List 1 or 2 primary likes and dislikes. I love low power with a stiffer frame and the control was off the charts. I have a big serve and I had to give up a little speed with the string but the control made up for it. If you love to swing hard try this string if your looking for a little control. You need to hit hard to keep the ball deep.

Thanks For the Play test
Brocolt is offline   Reply With Quote