Thread: No1e's Racquet
View Single Post
Old 08-23-2012, 07:14 PM   #463
drakulie
Talk Tennis Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firstking View Post
Seeing as you possibly got a closer look at the grommets, if the other finalist you're referring to is indeed Novak, I'd appreciate to hear any knowledge or any theories you might have.

For the record, I do mildly believe, that it is a Radical MP mold from years back based on the head shape, but the certain differences will always keep me doubtful and open to other assumptions.
I could tell you without a shadow of a doubt the grommet code on his and stepaneks frame do not match that of a Radical MP. Its hard to see what exactly is the code of his frame, but it is a variance of one of the following:

TK221, Tk231,or Tk281. or "7" replacing the "1". The "k" appears to be backwards. Also, the middle "2" is very hard to read so it could be a 2, 3, 6, 8.

Now, this does not necessarily mean it is not a Radical MP mold. Could very well be with a different code. Holding both racquets in my hands (the joker and stepanek) frame, one thing is for certain,,,,,,, they are identical. To me, they seemed to closely resemble the Instinct, minus the ridges, and a few other stringers agreed. The frame simply looks thicker than the radicals, which is why it seems to more closely resemble the Instinct.

Last edited by drakulie : 08-23-2012 at 07:24 PM.
drakulie is offline   Reply With Quote