Thread: No1e's Racquet
View Single Post
Old 08-23-2012, 10:04 PM   #466
Firstking
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr325i View Post
So, I looked and compared them tonight.
The MG Radical MP is DEFINITELY thicker in the Hoop, the throat area may be the same thickness (I did not measure). I believe the IG Speed is 21mm in the throat and 20 in the hoop.
I will measure if that helps.
Thanks for getting back to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drakulie View Post
I could tell you without a shadow of a doubt the grommet code on his and stepaneks frame do not match that of a Radical MP. Its hard to see what exactly is the code of his frame, but it is a variance of one of the following:

TK221, Tk231,or Tk281. or "7" replacing the "1". The "k" appears to be backwards. Also, the middle "2" is very hard to read so it could be a 2, 3, 6, 8.

Now, this does not necessarily mean it is not a Radical MP mold. Could very well be with a different code. Holding both racquets in my hands (the joker and stepanek) frame, one thing is for certain,,,,,,, they are identical. To me, they seemed to closely resemble the Instinct, minus the ridges, and a few other stringers agreed. The frame simply looks thicker than the radicals, which is why it seems to more closely resemble the Instinct.
Thanks for this. Yeah, the thickness of the frame keeps throwing me off as well.
Firstking is offline   Reply With Quote