View Single Post
Old 08-24-2012, 09:28 PM   #175
BlxTennis
Rookie

Default Luxilon 4G playtest

Full set or hybrid: Hybrid with 4G main and Perfect spin Sythetic cross
Tension used for playtest: 54lbs main; 59lbs cross
Regular string set up: Supra Gut main(59lbs) with Iontec cross(54lbs)
Racquet brand and model used for test: Wilson BLX Tour 90
Power of test string: String bed does not seem to have that much power. In fact, on the very 1st swing, with my normal Semi-western grip, the ball actually landed short. After making adjustment, string bed feels.
Feel: Comparing to my regular set up, I would give it 70% if my regular set up is at 100%.
Spin: Similar to my regular setup. Not much more or less. I believe I derive my spin from hitting more so than coming from the string.
Comfort: Again, comparing to my regular setup, I would give it a 80% if my normal set up is 100%.
Durability: Don't know yet. Only played with it for 2 hours.
Tension maintenance (how long before it became too loose or unplayable)
Control (predictable trajectory? performance on different strokes and swing speeds?): Don't know yet since I only hit with it for about 2 hours.
Compare to the string you use most often
Tension recommendations (after hitting it, would you recommend a different tension? Why?) I think if I make this my regular string, I can keep it at the same tension and would be fine with me.
Summary: Dislike: This string seems to have a bit more coil memory. I had a little trouble isolating 1/2 of the string for hybrid. Seems to tangle a bit more than other strings(multi or poly) that I had tried. It's not that big of deal. Like: Stringing it was pretty easy. Feels soft enough for a Poly and does not hurt my arm.
BlxTennis is offline   Reply With Quote