View Single Post
Old 08-25-2012, 08:44 AM   #132
Polaris
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindysphinx View Post
I'm sorry to be the one to break it to ya, but he is Ever So Guilty.

Do you think that if Federer were wrongfully accused of doping that he would meekly walk away from his status as GOAT? You think he would for all time allow all he has achieved be taken away? You think he would allow himself to be declared the biggest, baddest doper the planet has ever seen?

Nope. A truly innocent athlete with the resources of a Federer or an Armstrong would fight something like this *to the grave.*

Armstrong has made the cold calculation to cut his losses. He would rather cling to a scintilla of public doubt rather than confess all -- or fight if there is really something to fight about.

Will the last person who believes Armstrong was clean please turn out the lights?
I'm with Cindy on this one. If he was clean, a guy like Armstrong would not let it go. Something tells me that we have not seen the end of this. There will be more revelations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sander001 View Post
Sorry those are my western sensibilities, I know this is a multicultural board and I know there are all types of justice from over the world.
Your western sensibilities may be exactly what Armstrong's lawyers are banking on. It doesn't mean that you have to stop being an Armstrong fan. The fact that he beat the cancer and reached otherworldly levels of fitness is admirable enough without 7 Tours de France to go along with it.

Last edited by Polaris : 08-25-2012 at 08:47 AM.
Polaris is offline   Reply With Quote