View Single Post
Old 08-26-2012, 06:56 PM   #202
NetMuncher
New User

Whether or not you used a full set or hybrid for the playtest
The string was used as a cross in a hybrid configuration. This Luxilon was paired with Klip Legend, in the mains.

Tension used for playtest
53/50

Your regular string set up
Klip gut/Kirschbaum Pro Line II

Racquet brand and model used for test
HEAD YOUTEK IG Prestige Mid

Power level of test string or hybrid
The Lux is fairly low powered which I personally like.

Feel (crisp? mushy? soft? stiff? off center feedback?)
The string has a typical muted feel found in most polys. The overall feel was quite nice. I didnít feel any harsh feedback on any off center shots.

Spin
I experienced a little more controllable spin with these strings Ė nothing too extreme but able to generate extra spin without much additional effort.

Comfort
This is one of the areas where this string actually shined in my opinion. The Lux hybrid was quite comfortable. Iíll probably try it in the mains in my next setup.

Durability
I only have 6 sets of match play in this setup but things seem to be holding up quite well. The tension hasnít dropped appreciably at this point. And the Lux crosses have not started to saw through the gut mains.

Tension maintenance (how long before it became too loose or unplayable?)
As mentioned above I have yet to notice any drastic change in tension after about 7 hours of use.

Control (predictable trajectory? performance on different strokes and swing speeds?)
This is the other area where this setup came through. I experienced great control on all shots.
Ground strokes off both wings were predictable. I was able to keep topspin ground strokes deep and my slice backhands had a little extra bite.
I was able to move my serves around quite well with some additional spin and bite.
Not to sound too redundant but my volleys and half-volleys had some extra bite and touch.

Compare to the string you use most often
This setup completely outclassed by normal setup in every category; feel, control, comfortÖ

Tension recommendations (after hitting it, would you recommend a different tension?)
Havenít had enough time with the string to really make an honest opinion here. After 7 hours it seems to be okay.

I probably wouldnít change the tension. However, I would like to try the Lux in the mains and gut in the crosses in my next setup.

General comments (please summarize likes and dislikes)
One of the best polyís that Iíve tried thus far. To be honest I really havenít tried that many polyís, probably about a dozen. Once I find a string, I tend to stick with it.

I liked the overall feel with this string. It was quite comfortable with great control and spin potential.

I really donít have any dislikes. If anything, I hope that it will be available in a slightly smaller gauge.
NetMuncher is offline   Reply With Quote