View Single Post
Old 08-26-2012, 07:37 PM   #206
neil1b
Rookie

Played with this for a while and here are the results:

Full set or hybrid - full set

Tension used for playtest - my normal 56# on a constant pull machine

Regular string set up - normally use pro hurricane tour 17g or a SOLINCO 17g

Racquet brand and model used for test - I use the 2012 version of the Babolat Pure Drive Roddick Plus

Power of test string - here is where I disagree with many reviewers. I have it in a pretty powerful frame mind you, but this string I feel had too much power, to the point of having a control issue versus my other polys.

Feel - feel was ok, not the best but not horrible. I feel this string allowed you to feel the ball more with the penalty of control. See below in spin.

Spin - this string does not produce, or help assist with spin. Compared to my normal set up and a lot of solinco strings, the 4g did not produce the spin that I like. I hit heavy topspin, and the 4g was not bringing the ball down as much as others. Many balls were sailing. A foot long no matter what I tried to fix. I think this was very disappointing. It wasn't a bad day at the CPUs for me, because when switching to my other two sticks, no problem. I think the 4g is for flat hitters.

Comfort - very comfortable set up for the co poly. Much softer feel than my regulars. I loved how the string felt striking the ball, just not the result.

Durability - Cut theses out as I did not like them after two weeks. They were holding up well though.

Tension maintenance (how long before it became too loose or unplayable) - I noticed a significant drop in tension after stringing and the first day, after settling in, they maintained the tension very well.

Control (predictable trajectory? performance on different strokes and swing speeds?) control was average. On both wings, the lack of spin hurt the placement as most shots would sai
A tad long.

Compare to the string you use most often - my current go to string is solinco outlast. Compared the outlast, the 4g was steps below for my play and racquet/tension set up.

Tension recommendations (after hitting it, would you recommend a different tension? Why?) - I think I would string it at 60 if I had another set to try. At my normal tension I was very disappointed with the result and performance.

Summary: List 1 or 2 primary likes and dislikes.

Dislikes - spin production, control

I had high hopes and they did not impress me.