View Single Post
Old 08-26-2012, 09:40 PM   #207
assassin510
New User

Full set or hybrid - I used this in a full set

Tension used for play test - Strung it up at 55lbs

Regular string set up - Signum Pro Tornado 17g

Racquet brand and model used for test - Wilson BLX Six One Tour 90

Power of test string - It felt like a low powered string but if you can generate your own power it had plenty of pop

Feel - This had the typical co-poly feel, dead muted, not very live but a very solid and controlled feel, volleys were very nice

Spin - I got plenty of spin from this setup, nothing exceptional but enough spin to keep the ball in play.

Comfort - This is a very soft and comfortable co-poly, I did not experience any arm/wrist/elbow soreness after hitting with it. This string is nothing like the Luxilon Big Bangers from the past, not stiff and easy on the body.

Durability - Durability is very good on this, I had a few hard hitting practices with this and it barely notched, looks like a very durable string

Tension maintenance (how long before it became too loose or unplayable) - On the 3rd time hitting with this, I sensed there was a tension drop and there was a good amount of string movement. Afterwards its stabilized and everything was good.

Control (predictable trajectory? performance on different strokes and swing speeds?) - Control is great with this string, trajectory is more flat and penetrating, it will reward people with fast swing speeds, players with slower swing speed will feel a lack of power

Compare to the string you use most often - Compared to Tornado, 4g have way more control. Tornado is more powerful, has a bit more trampoline action, good spin and fun to hit with but difficult to hit your spots under pressure situation. 4g for its low powered control oriented theme gives players confidence when hitting full strokes. Basically what you put into it is what you're going to get out of it, this is a very precise/accuracy based string.

Tension recommendations (after hitting it, would you recommend a different tension? Why?) - I would recommend players to string this up at tension they usually string their polys with. Nothing in this string's characteristic warrant increasing or decreasing the tension in my opinion.

Summary: List 1 or 2 primary likes and dislikes.

Initially the string played terrible for me, it was like 2 shots in and 1 shot out, I was very frustrated. As time past and my swing adjusted, every shot I hit went in. The ball had good spin on it and was more penetrating compared to what I hit before, seems like the more I hit the better my swing get. I really enjoyed the control and confidence this string provides, the feel is solid and has some nice pop for players with fast swing speeds. The only thing I didn't like was its tension maintenance, seems like after a few hours there's a drop off then the string stabilizes but still very playable.
assassin510 is offline   Reply With Quote