View Single Post
Old 08-27-2012, 06:57 AM   #210
djnemo
Rookie

Full set or hybrid: Full Set
Tension used for playtest: 54 mains/ 52 cross
Regular string set up: Signum Tornado 54/52
Racquet brand and model used for test: Wilson BLX 6.1 95 2012 (16 x 1
Power of test string: Average for a poly, similar to Tornado, and more powerful then SPPP. Less powerful then any Luxilon BB Alu.
Feel: Muted, not much feedback or crispness
Spin: Above average for a smooth poly. I was getting good kick on the topspin and slices stayed low. Alu Rough and Tornado had a bit more spin, but I was happy with the spin I was getting with 4g.
Comfort: Comfortable for a poly, no elbow pain.
Durability: 5 hours of play and still no signs of wear or loss of playability.
Tension maintenance (how long before it became too loose or unplayable): Again- 5 hours of play and no drop in playability. Alu, particulary Fluoro, started going dead at 3 hours.
Control (predictable trajectory? performance on different strokes and swing speeds?): Excellent control, above average for a poly/
Compare to other strings: Hard to compare to Tornado as Tornado has more spin and is a shaped poly, but I think 4G is comparable to SPPP and Pro Line Evolution, but with a bit more power then either of these.

Summary: Solid if unspectacular all-around string. Above average in many categories, but doesn't really shine in any one, although tension maintenance is still to be determined as I only played 5 hours with it.