View Single Post
Old 08-27-2012, 09:48 AM   #214
KoolTennisKid
New User

Full set or hybrid- used this string in a full set
Tension used for playtest- for this one since i am starting to string lower, i decided to go with 48lbs.
Regular string set up- Luxillon Alu Power rough at 48lbs-52lbs.
Racquet brand and model used for test- Wilson Prostaff six one 95
Power of test string- the power level of the string reminded me of my own personal string set up. Low to medium low powered.
Feel- Feel was really good for a poly. It was nice and crisp, and it stayed like that for quite a while. I could actually feel where the majority of my shots where going unlike some other polys.
Spin- i'd have to say it was on par with the rest of the premium luxillon products.
Comfort- i normally like really stiff polys but this one was a good balance between soft and stiff. Just right.
Durability- well ive never actually broken a poly, so no it did not break and there are no signs of it going to break.
Tension maintenance (how long before it became too loose or unplayable)- yeah i think what luxillon is saying about it having good tension maintenance is true, its holding up really well. i'd have to say ive played around 16ish hours and it is holding up amazingly well!!
Control (predictable trajectory? performance on different strokes and swing speeds?)control was also on par with the other luxillon products. it really allowed me to take fast long strokes with no problems. i could really hit literally any shot i wanted at any swing speed without worring about wether or not it'll land where i wanted it to land.
Compare to the string you use most often- its almost identical, the only big differences was just that it was a little softer than my personal string which i liked and the longer tension maintenance which a very big plus.
Tension recommendations (after hitting it, would you recommend a different tension? Why?)- 48lbs felt really good, i'd would probably just bump it up like 2 more lbs.
Summary: List 1 or 2 primary likes and dislikes.- LIKES:the tension maintenance and the comfort of the string, also the color was pretty sweet too. DISLIKES: A little more power would help my a bit on my serves but its not much of a problem.

I personally might consider switching to this string, i really enjoyed everything. Thank you TW and Luxillon for the chance to playtest this string and keep up the good work!!!
KoolTennisKid is offline   Reply With Quote