View Single Post
Old 08-27-2012, 10:11 AM   #218
trek5000
New User

Full set or hybrid: full set
Tension used for playtest: 47 lbs
Regular string set up: Volkl Cyclone 47lbs
Racquet brand and model used for test: Volkl Powerbridge 10 mid

Power of test string: Versus big banger alu power, these had a softer but less powerful feel.

Feel: Feel was good, with good ball pocketing.

Spin: Less spin than I can generate from Volkl Cyclone, but plenty of access to spin to feel confident in keeping the ball in the court when taking full strokes.

Comfort: Very comfortable vs. Big Banger alu power. Similar in comfort to other soft polys like Kirschbaum pro line 2, RPM blase, Volkl Cyclone.

Durability: TBD as I have only been hitting with them for 1 week.

Tension maintenance (how long before it became too loose or unplayable): Toward the end of a week of regular play, they began feeling loser thus more springy. I would say average tension maintenance.

Control (predictable trajectory? performance on different strokes and swing speeds?): Great control. The ball pocketing made it feel predictable where you were aiming the ball.

Compare to the string you use most often: Vs. Volkl Cyclone these are very similar, but I find I have more access to spin with the Volkl Cyclone. It had everything I prefer in poly strings: durability, on the softer side for poly, low string movement, spin, medium power, no arm problems.

Tension recommendations (after hitting it, would you recommend a different tension? Why?): I like it at my normal tension of 47 lbs.

Summary: List 1 or 2 primary likes and dislikes. I like the black color of strings. I don't prefer some of these new colors coming on the market like red and neon yellow. I primarily look for soft polys and these fit the bill. Ball pocketing was good and spin was good. I don't think I'd switch to these as I like Volkl Cyclone and Kirschbaum pro line 2 better as I prefer the softness and price better.
trek5000 is offline   Reply With Quote