View Single Post
Old 08-27-2012, 11:09 AM   #221
cardshark
New User

Confirm the prototype you received - A or B: B

Whether or not you used a full set or hybrid for the playtest: Hybrid

If hybrid, list the other string used and whether it was in mains or crosses: Prototype B in mains at 58 lbs & Head FXP 16g in crosses at 61 lbs

Racquet brand and model used for test: Head Flexpoint Radical Oversized

Power level of test string or hybrid: Medium. I did not feel that the string added more power to my shots in comparison to my usual set up.

Feel (crisp? mushy? soft? stiff? off center feedback?): The feel was a little stiffer than my usual set up, but are softer than some of the polys that I have tried, such as the Prince Beast XP 16g.

Tension maintenance (how long before it became too loose or unplayable?): I have played with it for a couple of hours and I haven’t noticed any loss in tension. I think that it maintains its tension much better than other strings I’ve tried out.

Control (predictable trajectory? performance on different strokes and swing speeds?): I thought that the control with this string was pretty good. I was able to control the depth and direction of my ground strokes and volleys well with this string. I also enjoyed the added control on my serves too.

Spin: I enjoyed the amount of spin I got from this string setup. I am a relatively flat hitter and am looking for strings that will help me get my shots in the court, which this string did.

Compare to the string you use most often: This string is a large improvement in the spin and control categories when compared to my usual set up, which helped my consistency considerably. I did not notice any extra power in my shots with this new string. While stiffer than my usual setup, the string was not as hard on my arm as other polys.

Tension recommendations (after hitting it, would you recommend a different tension?): I am happy with the tension that I chose.

General comments (please summarize likes and dislikes): I enjoyed this string and playtest. I am currently looking for a new string set up to help me improve my game further, especially in consistency. I think this string is a good candidate to switch to. Hopefully the price of the string will not break the bank.

Full set or hybrid: Hybrid w/ Head FXP 16g in crosses

Tension used for playtest: Luxilon 4g in mains at 55 lbs & Head FXP 16g at 57 lbs

Regular string set up: Wilson Enduro Pro 16g at 57 lbs & Head FXP 16g at 61 lbs

Racquet brand and model used for test: Head Radical Flexpoint Oversized

Power of test string: I felt that the power was average to below average. Sometimes I had to swing a little faster to get my groundstrokes and serves to the velocity that I wanted.

Feel: The feel was stiffer than my regular set up. When I hit sweetspot, I was rewarded with a nice crisp feel, but off center shots were did not feel very good. Touch shots, like drop shots and lobs, were amazing.

Spin: I felt that I got a good amount of spin from this string, enough to keep my shots, which are relatively flat, in the court. I did not think that the Luxilon 4g gave me as much spin when compared with the Solinco Prototype B String that I tried a few weeks ago.

Comfort: The string was very comfortable in comparison to some of the other polys I have tried and did not cause me pain or problems with my arm.

Durability: It doesn’t look like it is breaking soon after over 10 hours of play.

Tension maintenance (how long before it became too loose or unplayable): After playing with this string set up for several hours, I did not feel any significant drop in tension, which is great considering how other polys lose tension very quickly.

Control (predictable trajectory? performance on different strokes and swing speeds?): I felt that I had great control on my shots with this string. I was able to hit my shots with an almost pinpoint accuracy. The control on depth, direction, & height were great.

Compare to the string you use most often: It definitely has more spin and control that my usual set up, which definitely helped my relatively flat game. It was slightly lower powered and stiffer than my usual string, but I felt that it is a good match for my playing style.

Tension recommendations (after hitting it, would you recommend a different tension? Why?): I think that the tension that I chose perfect.

Summary: List 1 or 2 primary likes and dislikes: I really loved the control that the strings gave me. I also enjoyed how comfortable the strings were and the great tension maintenance, despite being polys. If the strings had a little more power and are not too expensive, I would say that it would be a great string.
cardshark is offline   Reply With Quote