View Single Post
Old 08-27-2012, 11:10 AM   #222
cardshark
New User

Full set or hybrid: Hybrid w/ Head FXP 16g in crosses

Tension used for playtest: Luxilon 4g in mains at 55 lbs & Head FXP 16g at 57 lbs

Regular string set up: Wilson Enduro Pro 16g at 57 lbs & Head FXP 16g at 61 lbs

Racquet brand and model used for test: Head Radical Flexpoint Oversized

Power of test string: I felt that the power was average to below average. Sometimes I had to swing a little faster to get my groundstrokes and serves to the velocity that I wanted.

Feel: The feel was stiffer than my regular set up. When I hit sweetspot, I was rewarded with a nice crisp feel, but off center shots were did not feel very good. Touch shots, like drop shots and lobs, were amazing.

Spin: I felt that I got a good amount of spin from this string, enough to keep my shots, which are relatively flat, in the court. I did not think that the Luxilon 4g gave me as much spin when compared with the Solinco Prototype B String that I tried a few weeks ago.

Comfort: The string was very comfortable in comparison to some of the other polys I have tried and did not cause me pain or problems with my arm.

Durability: It doesn’t look like it is breaking soon after over 10 hours of play.

Tension maintenance (how long before it became too loose or unplayable): After playing with this string set up for several hours, I did not feel any significant drop in tension, which is great considering how other polys lose tension very quickly.

Control (predictable trajectory? performance on different strokes and swing speeds?): I felt that I had great control on my shots with this string. I was able to hit my shots with an almost pinpoint accuracy. The control on depth, direction, & height were great.

Compare to the string you use most often: It definitely has more spin and control that my usual set up, which definitely helped my relatively flat game. It was slightly lower powered and stiffer than my usual string, but I felt that it is a good match for my playing style.

Tension recommendations (after hitting it, would you recommend a different tension? Why?): I think that the tension that I chose perfect.

Summary: List 1 or 2 primary likes and dislikes: I really loved the control that the strings gave me. I also enjoyed how comfortable the strings were and the great tension maintenance, despite being polys. If the strings had a little more power and are not too expensive, I would say that it would be a great string.
cardshark is offline   Reply With Quote