View Single Post
Old 08-27-2012, 03:35 PM   #225
enderx1x
New User

Full set or hybrid: Full bed

Tension used for playtest 48/46

Regular string set up Solinco Tour Bite (previously 52 but past few string beds I have gone a bit lower and liked 48/46)

Racquet brand and model used for test Yonex RDiS 100 midplus

Power of test stringlow-medium. If I had strung at 52 the power would have probably been too low for me. However, the power at this tension was good enough for me, and I could swing out while getting good depth.

Feel Fairly good. I like the feel of soft polys in general. On ground strokes it felt about normal, but I really liked the feel on volleys. It was medium stiffness (soft for a poly) but still a bit crisp.

Spin Medium - fairly low for a poly. However combined with the lower power I got good depth. This string gave me the power and spin I put in, with no extra "help". However, that is not necessarily a bad thing as I could swing out more. On ground strokes less spin wasn't too much of a problem. However, I was feeling it a bit on kick serves.

Comfort Good here, no arm problems- although I don't usually have them. Soft for a poly.

Durability About 10 hours in a deep notches. Probably won't get too much longer.

Tension maintenance (how long before it became too loose or unplayable)Pretty good for around 6 hours, and then a slow decline in control.

Control (predictable trajectory? performance on different strokes and swing speeds?)One of the highlights of this string. I could place the ball a bit better than I usually could. Nice for volleys.

Compare to the string you use most often less spin, less power, more control, softer

Tension recommendations (after hitting it, would you recommend a different tension? Why?) 48/46 felt good. The comfort was good enough that if I wanted to go into the low 50s I would have no problem. However, I enjoyed the extra pop that I got from going a bit lower.

Summary: List 1 or 2 primary likes and dislikes. I liked the control and comfort. However, I would still prefer my strings to have a little more pop to them. Overall I would say this string is maybe a little better than average, but nothing amazing.

Thanks TW and Luxilon for the string and shirt.
enderx1x is offline   Reply With Quote