View Single Post
Old 08-28-2012, 07:42 AM   #233
nalvarado
Semi-Pro

Full set or hybrid: Full bed

Tension used for playtest 56

Regular string set up: Right now I use Polystar energy and syn gut at 58.

Racquet brand and model used for test: Gamma RZR 98T

Power of test string: It is a low powered control poly through and through.

Feel:Very soft for a copoly. Comparable to Polystar Energy in some regards but I give the edge to PSE for comfort.

Spin: The spin factor is about average for a copoly. It is not going to preform miracles for you but spin is on tap if you know how to hit.

Comfort: Again very soft for a copoly. I had no issues using it full bed coming off a shoulder injury.

Durability: 8 Hours and still strong

Tension maintenance: Around the 4-6 hour mark I started noticing a difference in feel from freshly strung, however I have no way of measuring the tension loss.

Control: It is an extremely fun string that lets you place shots where you want without having to fight it. Control on groundies and volleys alike.

Compare to the string you use most often: Slight edge to 4G on the spin factor, but I do not believe that this alone would sway me to pay for this string. Power and comfort are about even with the advantage going to Energy/Syn for power and comfort, likely due to the syn in the cross.

Tension recommendations: I really enjoyed this string at 56, I saw no reason to change this.

Summary: List 1 or 2 primary likes and dislikes. One of the more comfortable polys out, the string is pretty average for the rest. It does not do one thing exceptionally well but does all things adequately. The only thing that sways me away is the price point.