View Single Post
Old 08-28-2012, 06:57 PM   #22
filphil
Rookie

You may not need that cpu fan unless you have a desire to over clock. Even then I would wholly recommend watercooling if the thought of overclocking even comes across.

I would also recommend that you look at EVGA when deciding on a video card because they have a step-up program for video cards. It's a good option if you're unsure as to how powerful of a GPU you must run

http://www.evga.com/support/stepup/

Someone mentioned on the thread that the GPU is the most important aspect of a gaming computer. IMHO the SCREEN you'll be playing on is the most important. The size of your screen(resolution) will determine exactly how powerful your rig should be. There's absolutely no point to the 660ti if you plan on using a monitor that has a native resolution of 1440x900. Once you go up to 1920x1080 the cost of the 660ti will make more sense.

I couldn't read the whole thread in detail but I'll ask these questions and I apologize if they've been answered previously:

Do you have a screen already, if not, what size monitor do you intend to play with?
What games are you looking to play?
Do you want to play on maximum settings with AA and AF?
What is your budget?