View Single Post
Old 08-31-2012, 11:42 PM   #6931
Feña14
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross K View Post
The usual tortuous last day transfer countdown for Spurs fans - quite why it always has to be like this at WHL is a bit of a mystery to me. The likes of your AFCs and MUFCs etc usually wrap their signings up well before the final day.

And how disappointing too, with plenty of players sold etc, and especially after eventually flogging Modric, and then yesterday, Van Der Vaart - without question the fans were really wanting and semi-expecting Moutinho. So, whilst arguably Lloris and Dempsey are good signings (I´m not sure about Lloris TBH and still think we need a top notch top tier forward), where oh where is the creativity in midfield???

I don´t get it quite frankly...

How´s everyone else feeling now re their squads after the transfer window has shut?
We're one striker short, and the midfield has got worse with Essien going (if that was even possible). We had 4 problem areas, and solved two, which is good. The striking problem can be solved in the next window or two. The midfield won't be solved for awhile, that's what will hold us back.

As for Spurs, I think going after Moutinho was a mistake. Great player and would be good for Spurs, but Porto are so tough to deal with. Look at how they hung on and overpriced Hulk all summer. For Spurs to think they could pull of a deal for Moutinho in a day was never going to happen. Even so, good keeper, centre back, Dembele, Adeb&yor, Sigurdsson, Dempsey etc.. it's a decent window!
Feña14 is offline   Reply With Quote