View Single Post
Old 09-04-2012, 10:18 AM   #238
SOY78
Semi-Pro

Thumbs up

Full set or hybrid: I set this up as a full set

Tension used for playtest: 50# on a Gamma Progression FC .

Regular string set up: Multi mains and poly crosses.

Racquet brand and model used for test: Volkl C10 Pro Tour.

Power of test string: I would consider this a mid powered poly string. I had lots of control and power hitting a rare out. Mostly I've painted the lines with this string with good speed on the ball.

Feel: Feel with a poly is something to found very rare. I'd say the feel of this string is a medium type feel with ok touch on the volleys.

Spin: Spin with this string was great, since my regular setup is multi mains and poly crosses this 4G had a little more spin then my reg setup. A lot of balls my opponent let go because he thought they would go out but at the last second they would drop right in.

Comfort: Not the most comfortable string out there, but for a poly it is ok. I was feeling a tinge in my elbow, but maybe it was because I didn't play full poly in a while.

Durability: After 2 hours of singles they are a little notched but not too much. I haven't popped a poly string in a long long time. So far this has a lot of life left.

Tension maintenance (how long before it became too loose or unplayable): So far it has been very good. But more time will tell.

Control (predictable trajectory? performance on different strokes and swing speeds?): Control is one of my favorites pros for this string. I was able to put a lot of spin and power on the ball and it would still land in. I had amazing serves down the T and out wide most of them landing in. Incredible angles were something else, just wow.

Compare to the string you use most often: It's like comparing apples to oranges but I will try to compare. Of course my multi/poly hybrid pops much faster than the full 4G and it is much softer than 4G. But 4G has a lot more spin and control compared to my regular setup.

Tension recommendations (after hitting it, would you recommend a different tension? Why?): I'd lower the tension to like 40's where I never tried a string that low of tension just to get the comfort up a little.

Summary: List 1 or 2 primary likes and dislikes.: I liked the control and spin that I got with this 4G and the free T-Shirt of course What I didn't like is the comfort but hey this is a poly and I was expecting that for sure.

Thanks TW for the playtest.