View Single Post
Old 09-06-2012, 07:35 PM   #6
TimothyO
Hall Of Fame

A couple of more hours tonight...total close to four.

- a little more power as the stringbed softens but nothing like the usual increase as poly tension drops prior to its board-like death...Still oustanding control and more precision than any other poly cross I've tried

- complete comfort and the stiffness towards 12 is gone

- dramatic increase in spin too, no idea why. I've never had it this easy keeping shots in while also stepping on the gas hard. Either the softening of the stringbed is doing something or the confidence 4G inspires is allowing me to rip topspin shots harder.

If the stringbed settles in anywhere close to what I hit tonight then I imagine labs across the industry will be reverse engineering 4G to develop a comparable product. In a hybrid with VS I've never hit any other string setup with this level precision and spin. As long as this thing doesn't become a rocket launcher or completely dead I'm 100% sold.

I know there's been a lot of talk about pro contracts and such but based on what I've seen in just about four hours I can see why someone like S Williams would adapt 4G in a hybrid. Complete no brainer imo. For we mere mortals with much smaller bank accounts the big question is longevity...which is still TBD.