View Single Post
Old 09-08-2012, 07:53 AM   #40
FastFreddy
Professional

Lightbulb why stretch

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfittennis View Post
Exactly correct Mr. Hancu!
Printed in NSCA, NASM that stretching may reduce muscle sorness, improve muscle perfomance and reduce injury. The important word is may. It has now been proven that stretching does none of these. Some people use stretching as a part of warming up for a match. Warm up is about getting the mind ready for sports comp. Instead of doing stretching just do some jumperope to get ready.

Sometimes with tennis outside with rain delays u get zero warmup and I played fine. I found the same with injury my shoulder was so bad I served zero warmup serves and served fine during the match. The dude I was playing said wow no serve warmups your serve must be dailed in. I got into his head before the match. As far as cool downs go light run or cycle 20 mins to get rid of any muscle stiffness.

Some people swear dynamic before and static after. The only reason I can see for stretching is if u need to increase your rom for your sport or u r losing some rom from your workload. Just remember there is no warmups in life.

Freddy NASM PES, CES, NSCA CSCS