View Single Post
Old 09-08-2012, 05:38 PM   #43
drakulie
Talk Tennis Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dags View Post
Consistency is obviously talked about a lot. When you're banging out the frames at a tournament, is there any sort of quality check once the job is done? You allude to the premise that if you use the same technique and take the same amount of time, then you'll get the same results. Is that as far as it goes, or do you ever take anything like ERT readings?
An ERT is present in the stringing room, although I don't know when or how often it was used. On my end, I took my own ERT, and used it every few frames to make sure I was accurate and consistent. This came in handy especially when completing the same players frames day after day. I would at least check one frame to see if I was getting the same ert as the day before. Additionally, machines were checked for calibration every morning, and sometimes twice a day. I checked mine up to 3 times a day.

More importantly, players didn't complain, so no need to check every racquet with an ERT. Remember, A LOT of frames were done,,,,, I would imagine close to 2,000, so this would be time-consuming, and on my end, I try to make sure I check the ERT when no players are around. IMO, This would become disastrous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Wawrinka View Post
Thanks Drak I hope you post some more pictures of the stringing room at cincy like you said, I'd love to see them
You are welcome. I'll post some pics soon.