View Single Post
Old 09-09-2012, 03:54 PM   #1181
netguy
Semi-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Up&comer View Post
Well, it's been a while, but a few updates.

Firstly, I've retooled my forehand and fixed some fundamental issues which has now alleviated any arm problems. Along with that, I have now moved back to my aeropros (yes!!). I've sort of rediscovered SPPP regular and hex and have been very happy with both strung at around 43. They work so well because the problem with low tensions before was they would lose tension and become a bit unwieldy after an hour or two. The tension maintenance of SPPP helps solve that problem.

Secondly, I've found that I can get some very good durability (even better than full poly) with poly mains and a thick nylon/synthetic cross. It plays surprisingly well, lasts longer, and is cheaper. Awesome.

Thirdly, I will have to officially resign from string testing. Not just due to what I will talk about later, but also because I have so much going on right now I don't have time.

Lastly, and to in essence wrap up this thread, let me say this. In all these string tests, many of which I didn't end up writing a review on, I have found one thing. Strings really don't matter much. I can honestly say I feel I could play with any string and play within 5 or 6 percent of my top game. This epiphany hit me when I thought I had strung up some mosquito bite. I hit for two hours, got home, and then realized I had strung isospeed baseline spin by accident. I honestly wouldn't have noticed if I hadn't had to string another guy's racket with MB and realized it felt different than what I had strung earlier.

So I guess that's it. I'd still be glad to answer any questions people want to ask, but for now, I bid this thread adieu.
I'm 100% in agreement with this one. Amen