View Single Post
Old 09-10-2012, 10:00 AM   #9473
stringertom
Legend

Location: 106 miles from Chicago, it's dark, I'm wearing shades. Hit it!
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmatt View Post
That was Bayhead. I played there a bit back in the 80s, and it was a happening place. A guy took it over for a tennis academy and the courts went downhill fast. It's been sitting there empty for what seems like 20 years now; can't believe they didn't sell the land during the "bubble". I know the husband of the lady who was (is?) president of SCC; told him they should snatch it up, repair it and start a tennis program again. Never got anywhere with that one, believe it or not.
Hey, Matt! How's your Dad? Rob Field texted me Friday and said he just met you. That and your posts reminded me to inquire.

Bayhead had a great junior camp...Amre S. ran it and had some stud juniors. It is very close to Seminole State...maybe they can get a couple of top Swedes like Pernfors and Tobias to relaunch a program.

We used to have a lot of clay clubs...OTRC, Maitland Field Club, Sabal Point (I worked there for Tony Fernandez in the late 80's). At least Azalea finally added their Har-Tru to overcome all that closed.