View Single Post
Old 09-13-2012, 03:10 AM   #57
Nathaniel_Near
G.O.A.T.

Send a message via MSN to Nathaniel_Near

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisaddict View Post
Federer is definitely not an introvert.

During interviews when asked a question , he will give lengthy answers with lots of emotions - smile, anger, wit, giggle, etc., - definitely those are not traits of introvert.

With Nadal or Murray - they will just answer to the question

Novak is the other extreme - pulling jokes, inciting crowd, imitating people, war cry, etc., Those are extreme, but Federer is without doubt an extrovert.

Just because he says he likes family time, that shouldnt cloud your opinion.

He talks at length on a wide variety of topics including culture, sports, charity. His ads also show his personality very well. (Lindt)

He advocates for the tour and has a prominent role in the ATP council , rallies the players. Well liked by all his peers.

He doesnt mumble on the court when some thing is not to his liking and is not afraid to speak up - bad call by umpire, yelling by fan, etc.,

This doesn't prove anything at all. When I meet people in real life they get the impression I am extroverted, and I discuss things at great length and with intense focus and energy. This doesn't determine whether someone is an intro or extrovert. The question is, does Federer gain energy from these scenarios or does it drain his energy. I love a good night with friends but I can spend a long time by myself and not feel lonely and just occupy myself with my own mind. Spending time with people ends up draining me of energy almost all the time, and I must withdraw and recharge. There is a spectrum, it's possible that Federer is I or E and that he is a close case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaihtDuhShaat View Post
From Myers Briggs typology- it is my belief that Roger is an INTJ.

Introvert- On interviews, he clearly wants to do them graciously, and then get the hell out of there.

Intuitive- Sees the big picture, sums up his matches in interviews as an outsider looking in.

Thinking- Backs up everything he says with logical reasoning.

Judging- Always makes clear his specific judgments on tennis headlines, other players.

From Wikipedia:

"INTJs are one of the rarest of the sixteen personality types, and account for about 1–4% of the population." Rare tennis style

"Nevertheless, INTJs are prepared to lead if no one else seems up to the task, or if they see a major weakness in the current leadership." Took over ATP Players Council

"They are often acutely aware of their own knowledge and abilities—as well as their limitations and what they don't know(...). INTJs thus develop a strong confidence in their ability and talents(...)." An ideal trait tennis trait

From Personalitypage.com:

"When under a great deal of stress, the INTJ may become obsessed with mindless repetitive, Sensate activities, such as over-drinking. They may also tend to become absorbed with minutia and details that they would not normally consider important to their overall goal." When a match isn't going well for Fed, he starts to blast everything and become ********! lol

"INTJs live in the world of ideas and strategic planning."Another trait great for tennis matches

"Others may falsely perceive the INTJ as being rigid and set in their ways. Nothing could be further from the truth, because the INTJ is committed to always finding the objective best strategy to implement their ideas. The INTJ is usually quite open to hearing an alternative way of doing something." Change to a 95" dammit!

"INTJs have a tremendous amount of ability to accomplish great things."Duh 17 slams
Just no. I know a whole bunch of INTJs, Federer is not one, not for his life is he.