View Single Post
Old 09-15-2012, 08:57 AM   #91
Fugazi
Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by wangs78 View Post
I think Roger is an extrovert in the sense that he consciously makes an effort to engage with people. The fact that he is a global celebrity has made this side of his persona the dominant side because he constantly has opportunities to engage with the media, fans, etc. While he is not an introvert, I also do not think he is the kind of natural extrovert in the sense that I don't think he is naturally charismatic (like a Bill Clinton, or in tennis, maybe a Marat Safin). Using Marat as an example, Marat was clearly a party animal (and perhaps still is) but who knows was he extroverted or was he the brooding type who just liked the nightlife? In other words, I don't think Roger is someone who naturally has the gift to connect with people (again I don't think he's that charismatic, his post-match interviews often sound a little stiff and his humor is too dry, but maybe that's his Swiss side). But on the other hand, he clearly does engage fully with the media, his fans etc. so...
If he "consciously makes an effort to engage with people", then... he's an introvert.
Fugazi is offline   Reply With Quote