View Single Post
Old 09-18-2012, 08:22 AM   #150
tennis tom
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by corbind View Post
Floyd, although I may disagree with things NTRPolice has said in threads a few threads, I don't think your comment was fair since he has a decent serve (likely better many here on the boards). Now that I've said my peace, "DING, DING, DING"... feud's back on... and I'm reading the intense debate on serving with my bucket of popcorn and tennis tom's 6-pack in hand.

Corbind, FYI, my favorite beer is Pyramid Apricot Ale and I've recently tried a gluten free beer which ain't bad either having a bubbly quality to it like champagne. I think it's called Red Bridge something? Although the bridge on the label seems to be on shaky footings so like the gluten free fad who knows if it will be around long--but it is quite nice.

To aid with your calculations on Lindsay Crawford's/Crawford Linsay's drinking habits, I had the pleasure or meeting him once very briefly and would guess he's a moderate drinker. Since you seem to know your way around a slide rule, if you could please calculate your estimate of how many pairs of Thorlos I would need to purchase to last me the rest of my life I would greatly appreciate that. I'm almost into the 65's and hope to be competitive into the 95's, after Alex Swetka successfully petitions USTA to form that new age group category--after that I'm onto croquette. Poor Ken Beer had to play down several age groups (and won) when he was in his nineties to find any competition.

I wish I could follow this thread more carefully with the attention it deserves. It's nice to see someone else knocking themselves out in 80-78 threads. But I'm busy getting my game face on, I very foolishly signed up for a pro/am this weekend, after seeing one of my favorites Rennae Stubbs is playing and will be facing the Bryans amongst others for some hit and giggle--now where did I put my wheelchair?

Last edited by tennis tom : 09-18-2012 at 08:25 AM.
tennis tom is offline   Reply With Quote