Thread: Agassi Racquets
View Single Post
Old 09-18-2012, 10:13 AM   #22
I Heart Thomas Muster
Semi-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big John View Post
I like your thinking IHTM! The tgk 269.1 (Youtek Radical Pro pro stock) in slightly longer form is glorious, hits a massive ball with heaps of spin and volleys well too. I guess this is why Sharapova and others use it.. Sounds like we're on the same path.

My only issue is that it is a little too heavy in the head even without lead and has a very high swing weight. Love it for clay, just a bit too hefty for me on fast hard court?

You are spot on, this is the advantage of the Flexpoint Radical Tour. The 58 flex, hundred head and open pattern are pretty much perfect specs along with the head light balance. I'm going to lengthen one and compare it to the 269.1..

The 260.4 (IG Radical Pro) has a more headlight balance but has no pop at all! Still playing around with that, having a look this week at a tour player's setup with this stick and am going to try and replicate it, have failed miserably so far!
You're right about the Youteks being a bit sluggish on fast courts. Mine are 12.1 oz and have a 340+ SW which does require earlier prep on fast courts or with my flat hitting buddy. What I do like is when stretched wide or on reflex shots they give that extra little something that I never got from the older Radicals or Fischers I used.

I wish I still played on clay.

Unfortunately the IG Radical Pro didn't do much for me and my Youteks are hitting the two year mark (used to change once a year till two kids and a dog ruined all my fun ) so I might take a sabbatical from the Radicals and switch to the Volkl PB10 Mid. The specs are somewhat close to the Flexpoint Tour Radical and I'm told it's a great racquet for the OHBH which is my best shot. Price is right too.

Sounds like with all your tinkering you need a Prince Tuning Center. Thing changed my life. Not for the better mind you cause I'll probably never stop tinkering but it's damn fun.