View Single Post
Old 09-20-2012, 08:21 AM   #55
jamesblakefan#1
G.O.A.T.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin T View Post
Hokie hater JB back again. How is ODU doing in anything? Like I've said before, you don't know obnoxious fans until you've lived in Bama, South Carolina, Ohio and the fairest of fair weather fans, USC/SoCal. No one that has always followed the Hokies puts them in league with Bama, OSU, Oklahoma, etc. Maybe the new kids on the block but not the long-term fans. For a program that was basically born in the 90's and doesn't have decades of history like all the other major powers, I think they're doing quite well. Name a non-historical power that has won a championship in the last 20 years. And find me a team outside of the Florida schools with their very large population that puts together a team that is often 90%+ of state residents. Yeah, I know their record stinks against the top 25 but I think most any college fan would be happy with the following:

3rd longest bowl streak in history
post season every year since '93, behind only Florida and FSU in consecutive appearances
3rd best record in the last 10 years, behind only LSU and Boise St
8 conference championships
3-2 in ACC championship games
7 top 10 finishes since '93 and top 25 all but two years since '93
virtually devoid of major scandals and recruiting violations
ODU just put up 70 this weekend. So yeah, not that good...though I'm sure we'll get crushed when we move to CUSA next year. Unlike most Hokie fans, I'm realistic ab my team.

Beamer's built a good but not great program. Certainly not deserving of the national hype and high preseason rankings they get every year before inevitably losing to the first decent team they play. And it's not like VA is devoid of talent as far as recruiting.

You're the Atlanta Braves of CFB, only you've never even won the big one and only made it there once. So yeah, I'm sure most major programs would be ecstatic with that as their reputation.
jamesblakefan#1 is offline   Reply With Quote