View Single Post
Old 09-21-2012, 04:15 AM   #21
Ramon
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartelby View Post
So build quality and spec reliability is excellent with pro kennex?
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenC View Post
Build quality seems fine and the two racquets that I have play identically. The only problem I have is that the two frames weigh in at 308 and 310g before stringing and overgrip. Seems like PK have a tolerance of +/- 7g. I prefer heavier racquets so I kinda' wish they erred on the heavier side rather than the lighter side...

I'll live with it, but I would rather prefer stricter tolerances for if and when I decide to get a third frame. If a third one weighs in at 320g bare frame I would probably be annoyed.
I wish I would have weighed my racquets with a good scale when I first got them. Now that I modified them, it's too late, but based on my mods my best guess is that both of my Ki 5x racquets would come in at about 338-340 grams stock strung weight. I don't have a problem with variance between my 2 frames. They both seem heavier than spec, but at least that's consistent. Subjectively, the Ki 5x does feel heavier than the Ki 5. I suspect the difference in weight is just due to the extra length of the handle.
Ramon is offline   Reply With Quote