View Single Post
Old 09-21-2012, 05:58 AM   #754
pc1
Legend

Actually since someone mentioned Nadal perhaps someone should have a list of top lefty serves of all time.

I have a few names..Neale Fraser, Roscoe Tanner, John McEnroe, Drobny, Goran Ivanisevic, Henri Leconte, Rod Laver (an excellent serve but not quite in the class of the players listed before him), Guy Forget, John Doeg, Nadal (not a great serve in my opinion but excellent generally speaking but I have seen him falter on second serve). Many said that you never broke Doeg's serve but you just waited for him to tire. Many thought he won the US Nationals on serve along.

Lots of great serves here. Drobny has been named on some lists as having one of the all time great serves. Tanner's serve is perhaps the fastest from ball toss to the receiver's side of the court that I've ever seen. Goran's is perhaps the best lefty serve or even the best serve I've seen. It's up there with any player. Fraser's serve is legendary. John McEnroe's serve didn't have the power of some here but his spin and his disguise on the serve made it super effective.

My initial thought is that it would be either Fraser, Goran or Tanner. Probably Fraser or Goran would be the top two in my opinion.

I would tend to think the greatest lefty women's serve would be Martina Navratilova. I'll try to think of some others to place on the list.

Last edited by pc1 : 09-21-2012 at 06:01 AM. Reason: Greatest lefthanded serves
pc1 is offline   Reply With Quote