View Single Post
Old 09-21-2012, 09:15 AM   #182
BigServer1
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRII View Post
It wasn't laggy when I had Gingerbread. Nor was my original Motorola Droid laggy from over 2 years ago...
Then you're lucky, because you've had very different experiences from most Android owners I know, as well as from the people who discuss this stuff online. Gingerbread 2.3 and the OSes before, are widely regarded as awful. I loved each of my Android phones for the first 3-6 months each, only to watch them disintegrate into a pile of garbage.

My current phone won't post FB statuses, but it will post comments on other people's statuses. If I try to multitask, apps force close. The phone itself moves slowly, normal processes crawl along. It lags switching home screens, and the battery lasts about 10 hours of me not using the phone at all. If I used it heavily, I'd get 3-4 hours of juice, no joke.

Again, in December of 2010 this was the best Android phone on TMobile, and one of the best Androids on the market, period. It had the most memory of anything out there, a good processor at the time and had really impressive benchmarks. That feeling didn't last long.

The current crop of Android phones is in a different class, so obviously I'm not holding anything against Android now...There are things about the OS I love and will miss, and the current superphones are very impressive. It's disappointing that so few users have an up to date OS, but it's still a very strong platform. Market share doesn't lie in that regard.

iPhones aren't the be all end all for tech, and while it falls short in some areas, it excels in others (imo, anyway). All I know is after three years of consistent frustration, I'm ready for a different experience. I'll know soon enough if I've made a mistake.
BigServer1 is offline   Reply With Quote