View Single Post
Old 09-22-2012, 01:13 PM   #22
dr325i
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotrocks View Post
I have 3 Pro Stock 238.5 TKG's, weighted up as the retail version, 325 strung and 6pts. head light. I also have the PT630, I-Prestige, You-Tek and 4 IG prestige pro's. I have to say the IG Prestige(stock) plays better than the pro stock frames, my opinion only as we all differ. I fail to believe by adding lead in the hoop area has more integrity than a racquet with same manufactured weight. Manufacture weight meaning all the materials(graphite, etc) combined / lead on the hoop and silicone in the handle. Most pro's use racquets in excess of 325 grams, so why not customize from there, much stronger frame. Just my thoughts as we all have different tastes & feel.
What is the strung weight of your retail IGPP? 345g, 6pt HL. Most Pro rackets that I have seen are 355-365g strung with OG WITH silicone and lead. That would let you put <5g of silicone in your retail racket, which is...nothing.
Pros love the silicone feel. Therefore, this is a simple answer to your retail racket customization idea. Furthermore, some like it less HL, adding the lead around the hoop...
There are many reasons why to start with a 25g lighter hairpin.
dr325i is offline   Reply With Quote