View Single Post
Old 09-22-2012, 06:18 PM   #49
Angle Queen
Professional

I'll jump in...shenanigans aside...I'm inclined to believe the intentions are good.

So still, leaugeCO, here are my questions to you as an LC and without you having to give any specifics:
  • how do you go about setting up the flights/leagues (I ask because we have two different philosophies in our area: some who purposely seek to distribute the slots while others have a "blind draw" approach)
  • what's the weirdest "grievance"/complaint you've had to deal with
  • what's the most common complaint you have to deal with
  • do you actually play yourself
  • what's the main thing you wish just regular players "knew" about how USTA works
  • if you were "in charge" of everything, what's the first thing you would change
  • if you could wave a magic wand over the tennis-playing population, what would you wish for
  • if you could wave a magic wand over the general population, what tennis-related thing would you wish for, and
  • finally, what motivates you to do what you do...i.e. being an LC
My hat's off to you for being an LC and being willing to post here. Like tennis tom, I tend to think your intentions are good (dare I say great), but some venerable TT posters have called a few things out. All good, I say. Just be careful in making gross declarations since USTA seems to be anything but consistent ATM. Hang with us, for the moment. We can be an entertaining bunch.