View Single Post
Old 09-22-2012, 06:01 PM   #50
tennis tom
Hall Of Fame

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angle Queen View Post
  • how do you go about setting up the flights/leagues (I ask because we have two different philosophies in our area: some who purposely seek to distribute the slots while others have a "blind draw" approach)
  • what's the weirdest "grievance"/complaint you've had to deal with
  • what's the most common complaint you have to deal with
  • do you actually play yourself
  • what's the main thing you wish just regular players "knew" about how USTA works
  • if you were "in charge" of everything, what's the first thing you would change
  • if you could wave a magic wand over the tennis-playing population, what would you wish for
  • if you could wave a magic wand over the general population, what tennis-related thing would you wish for, and
  • finally, what motivates you to do what you do...i.e. being an LC
Those are good questions Angle Queen, I'd like to see the answers to them too! You compose a very nice post too, kudos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by catfish View Post

I started playing tennis about 12 years ago, and couldn't believe the constant whining about how expensive the fees are.....even though they are less than $35 per season.
Agreed, there's a lot of cheapskates playing tennis! I don't get it, the price of balls hasn't increased since I started playing fifty years ago, you can get them on sale for $1.99. I always have a new can in my bag and pull it out when I get to the court. There was an "old pro" this week in our rec group who is notorious for never opening a can. He proudly announces he just bought a case of Penns at
Costco. So we ask him to open a can, he says they're in the trunk of his car (a new Mercedes). We said we can wait 'til he gets them. I love it when they say they have a can--but it's in the trunk--or under their desk at work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beernutz View Post
...those comments looked to be pretty mild to me.

I could say more on the subject but I'll drop it now. I wouldn't want Tom or any others of you who are so deeply offended at the OPs treatment to require hospitalization.
How is one mildly ungracious? Beernutz, feel free to expand on the topic, my Blue Cross is paid-up.