View Single Post
Old 09-23-2012, 03:00 AM   #27
NTRPolice
Semi-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoaUka View Post
You could always just ” win”, In my experience that usually works against someone that is trying to game you. Hitting someone intentionally is a D-bag move.

Do you at least say sorry after you hit them? Or just say vamos!?
Whenever I hit someone I always say sorry whether I was trying to or not. I also say sorry if I hit an errant shot that goes towards them. I did a lot of sorry-saying today because the sun was really bad and I had a few errant serves that went "in the direction" of the net player when I was serving on the deuce side and trying to serve the returners backhand.

If it was as easy as "just win" im pretty sure a lot less people would resort to any tactics other than simple play.

I mean, if I was as good as you, I would never have to hit in the direction of anyone at anytime for any reason. Every time I would hit an overhead its always well clear of people, I may even call out where im going to hit it so they can get out of the way. Every time I attempt to pass it always paints the line well clear of any of their players and they always call it in. Sounds like a fantastic game you have.

Making bad line calls is a d-bag move to me.
Gamesmanship is a d-bag move to me.

Beaning people is a part of the game, intentionally or not. When you play high level tennis you cannot expect people to just "avoid you". In social tennis people play very nice. High level competitive games people do get beaned all the time and you cannot let it distract you. Beaning people and getting beaned by people is inevitable especially when the ball is moving fast.
NTRPolice is offline   Reply With Quote