View Single Post
Old 09-23-2012, 12:52 PM   #40
r2473
Legend

I really wasn't looking to start an argument.

I think any shoe that performs the function well and doesn't cause injury is the right shoe for you. If minimalist works, I'm all for it.

I was just curious if the OP (or you Povl) could tell me why it works for you.

Afterall, if you are going to recommend others try something "different", I think you should be able to make a strong case as to why they should.

In my case, I'd wager I've logged many 100's of road mile more than both yourself and the OP combined. I found the shoe for me 20 years ago (I know my specs). I had some HORRIBLE running shoes in the past (and they all had too much cushioning rendering them unstable and/or pronation/supination support, which doesn't suit my running gait).

With tennis shoes, I've had good and bad ones. I know what I like and pretty much why I like it too.

I think shoes make a BIG difference in running. I don't notice it so much in tennis. But I have had bad tennis shoes where my feet would hurt a bit after I was done. But never anything major.

For me, this type of thing is best decided by each individual by trial and error. You'll know when you have the "right" shoe. Then simply take down the specs and buy "that shoe" in the future (no matter what company makes it).

Last edited by r2473 : 09-23-2012 at 12:56 PM.
r2473 is offline   Reply With Quote