View Single Post
Old 09-24-2012, 11:03 AM   #71
NLBwell
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Limpinhitter View Post
IMO, the OP is better off learning modern technique from the resources available online and a good video recorder, than he would be learning obsolete technique from a personal coach.
You finally gave a clear answer. I totally disagree with this, but at least it is an answer instead of an argument. I believe it is valuable to have someone knowledgeable look at your game and give advice, regardless of their style, you don't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Limpinhitter View Post
If you have, in fact, been playing tennis longer than I have, as you claim, then it would appear that you are still playing tennis the same way you did in the 1960's. If you knew modern technique, you wouldn't have made this statement which is objectively, demonstrably, false. The "traditional way," as you put it, cannot be reconciled with modern technique. There are fundamental differences in "obsolete" old school technique that, once learned, must be painstakingly unlearned in order to execute modern technique properly.
OK, show me some part of the modern game that I don't have in my game (other than a young body). Nothing has to be unlearned. New shots just need to be added.
NLBwell is offline   Reply With Quote