View Single Post
Old 09-24-2012, 06:55 PM   #8
Oz_Rocket
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGads View Post
The 16/19 version of the 315 Speed is a stick not many people seem to like, but every time I try it, it's excellent and gets the job done. Just swings so cleanly, but it's a string sensitive frame.
And for some reason I'm one of those people. I only came back into tennis this year nearly 30 years after having played high level junior comp at school. So I would describe myself as a 4.5-5.0 level trapped in the body of a 3.0-3.5

After hitting with lots of different racquets the smaller headed player's ones demanded too much where ones like the Pure Drives and Extremes just had way too much power and not as much control. The Speed was a real "Goldilocks" racquet for me but it is very string sensitive.

The demo I had was strung with Luxilon ALU Power 125 @55lbs and was fantastic. But the factory Sonic Pro felt completely dead by comparison. Lovely balance but I had real problems generating power and it was awful off centre. After a few months I went with SPPP @ 54lbs and it has made a big difference. Lots more power and more forgiving on off centre shots. But I can see how lots of people wouldn't like it.
Oz_Rocket is online now   Reply With Quote