View Single Post
Old 09-24-2012, 08:34 PM   #105
dode
Rookie

Tension used for playtest: 52 lbs

Regular string set up: Pacific Tough Gut Mains, Gamma Zo Tour Rough crosses

Racquet brand and model used for test: Boris Becker 11 Mid

Power of test string: One of the lower power strings I have ever played with.

Feel: Fairly soft for a poly, but very blah. Sorta like Pro Hurricane, but not exactly. Not really like any other string I have played really.

Spin: Not a lot really. I wasn't sure what to expect with the shape of it, but it really took a lot of effort to make any spin.

Comfort: Very soft for a poly, and not hard on the arm at all.

Durability: No real issues through about 6 hours of play, but it will soon be cut out so total durability will not be known.

Playability Duration (share thoughts on if/how the playability changed over time): Pretty well stunk all three times I played with it. At least it is consistant?

Control (predictable trajectory? performance on different strokes and swing speeds?): Directional control was good. I really had to try and flatten out strokes to do anything with the ball, and that is not really my game. The lack of power kept the balls from flying deep, but it was hard to consistently control depth.

Compare to the string you use most often: TOTALLY different from what I normally play. I like to play a low powered racquet with a more powerful gut/poly hybrid that helps aid spin production. This is like the exact opposite from that.

Tension recommendations (after hitting it, would you recommend a different tension? Why?)Lower to try and make more power? I don't think you could string it low enough to make much power.

Summary: List 1 or 2 primary likes and dislikes.: Likes...well it is comfortable for a poly. Dislikes...well pretty much everything else.

I am a fan of Gamma strings in general, but this string should never see the light of day again. Sorry Gamma, in my book this is a loser.

Oh, by the way, stringing this was interesting to say the least. You have to get the clamps adjusted well and the string in the same orientation each time, or the string really crushed.

I wish I had a better review to post, but I wouldn't consider using the string again, either hybrid or full bed. It simply has nothing to offer.

Thanks for the opportunity to playtest though. To know that you like, it really helps to know what you don't like as well.