View Single Post
Old 09-25-2012, 11:46 AM   #56
Big_Dangerous
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fusker View Post
13. Player calls own shots out. With the exception of the first serve, a player
should call out the player’s own shots if the player clearly sees the ball out regardless of whether requested to do so by an opponent. The prime objective in making calls is accuracy. All players should cooperate to attain this objective.

As far as vantage point goes, most players would only ask for help if the opponent clearly has a better view. For example, you hit a volley crosscourt - I scramble and rip a crosscourt passing shot attempt that in the process pulls me further off the court. You get there and bunt a volley down the line. It's traveling at a slow speed and you're 7 feet away from it, standing still, and have a clear view that it lands two inches out. I'm 60 feet away, at the worst possible angle, my head is bouncing as a run back into the play.

I ask for help on the call. You say...???
I've never been in a scenario like that, but 2 inches is actually some margin, I would think you could see that. I mean I'm talking close shots that are less than or equal to about an inch. But yeah if that was the case then I'd call it out.