View Single Post
Old 09-25-2012, 03:53 PM   #110
jason n
New User

Tension used for playtest 47lbs

Regular string set up is beast xp mains47 and nxt control cross45

Racquet brand and model used for test was Dunlop aerogel 4D 300 Tour

Power of string was lacking, it was probably one of the lowest power strings i have used and it didnt seem that lowering the tension would even give any more power

Feel was like a typical poly a little boardy and not to much feel. It would be better off in a hybrid with a multi to get some feel.

Spin was fairly good and didnt really worry about shots going long due to the lack of power and it has enough spin to drop the ball in the court.

Comfort was nice and soft and didnt give me any elbow problems

Durability seems good as i played with this string for 6-8 hours and didnt really notice any notching.

Playability Duration (share thoughts on if/how the playability changed over time) They started off a little boardy but it could have been my racquet cause its know to have that feel but after about an hour they started to soften up and felt good.

Control (predictable trajectory? performance on different strokes and swing speeds?) They had good control partly due to the lower power and the pretty decent spin. I felt i could hit fairly had and not worry about it going long.

Compare to the string you use most often: This sting was lower powered and a little less spin but the feel was about the same

Tension recommendations (after hitting it, would you recommend a different tension? Why?) I would probably drop a couple pounds just to see if i could get more power.

Summary: List 1 or 2 primary likes and dislikes. Dont really have any likes as it did most things just ok and nothing great. I guess my biggest dislike would be the lack of power.

Thanks TW
jason n is offline   Reply With Quote