View Single Post
Old 09-26-2012, 08:56 AM   #139
NTRPolice
Semi-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindysphinx View Post
Apology accepted.

I do have to laugh. The lady you searched (thinking she was me) really has struggled, hasn't she?
And her "experience" is extremely suspect. You can see why I laughed at "you" for supposedly having all this experience when "you" played 2 weekday leagues in a year.

When I got the right Cindy I can see you actually have a lot of experience. I play the maximum amount of leagues I can in a year and its quite possible you may actually play more. I play 6 USTA leagues a year, one year round doubles league and one other non-USTA league and you have to be about there as well. A far cry from two or three casual weekday leagues in a calender year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennis_ocd View Post
Forgot it was the 3.0 serving 120 out wide ON DEMAND
What is exceptional today will be the norm of tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennis_ocd View Post
1. YOU were the first to claim this "120 out wide on demand" stuff
2. 3.0s don't serve 100 mph
3. From vids, you have a nice serve but it isn't near 100
4. Go clock yourself and get cred.
110-120 out wide on demand when im serving exceptionally well. It did start with "no 3.0 can serve 100" and you're missing a lot of the things said in between. I dont use it all the time for many reasons, reasons which you didnt list.

I'm a bit over the whole serve speed stuff because its clear no matter what I produce you guys will still have some angle to play to discredit it. I'm fine with that. The reason for my Youtube channel has never been to prove claims on TT.

-You guys have not seen my big serve head on, only the second serve i've been working on.
-Even if I do "clock" it using the FPS method, I still wasnt given "80" on my second serve. There were people claiming that serve was going 65 mph, remember? By that reasoning ill have to serve 135+ before you guys nitpick something else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridatennisdude View Post
Hey Cindy, don't know if you've wasted the 10 minutes of your life that you'll never get back like I did, but this kid has videos on YouTube. He's one of those former high school athletes that is picking up the game in his early-mid 20's. the type that is athletic and coordinated enough to rally with average 4.0 guys.

I would bet this kid will get bumped in December to 3.5 and be OK. He'll run into the backboards and junkballers there and have a few frustrating defeats, but for the most part he will win out of pure athleticism. Just like he did at 3.0, which he probably never belonged at.

4.0 will be another bag for him, as there will be plenty of folks there that are as athletic and technically sound. He won't fly through that level, but he'd have to be a total mental midget to get smoked. He likely will come to rest there for a while unless he plays up and gets some fluke wins.

4.5 is the level where I think he'd get it handed to him. Most guys at 4.5 have 20+ years on the court in one way or the other. I'm the type that played juniors and quit at 17 and then picked it up again 10 years ago in my late 20's. others picked it up after college and are now 40+. That level of experience is what will be the toughest to overcome for Police.
I never played high school sports. I messed around with tennis but never took it seriously. I decided to randomly play a non-USTA league in 2010 and later joined USTA.

It's easy to say that someone will fail at 4.5 since most people will. I am very well aware that blowing through 3.0 and 3.5 will be much easier than getting though 4.0 and moving on to 4.5. What's your point? In my "tennis plan" I gave myself 3 years to move up from 3.0 to 4.0 and 5 years to move up from 4.0 to 4.5.

"Wasted your 10 mins of your life" lol.

You say that and you call me a "kid". lol. What is this? Halo? or Call of Duty?

And ive worked very hard to get this good in this amount of time. If you think im going to "play up" just to get "fluke wins" so I can be a 4.5 "C" you're an idiot. I didnt work his hard to (basically) self-rate up just to say im a 4.5. If I hit my goal ill hit 4.5 by the time im 35 which gives me 5 solid years to grind out 4.0 the right way. If I was all about "rating flexing" I could have just self-rated 4.0 from the start.

Last edited by NTRPolice : 09-26-2012 at 09:14 AM.
NTRPolice is offline   Reply With Quote