View Single Post
Old 09-26-2012, 11:01 AM   #150
sureshs
Bionic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTRPolice View Post
To some extent I was "the last to be picked in gym class" but thats only because I never bothered to advertise my athletic abilities the same way athletic people do. I've always thought high school sports were ridiculous, its politics for teenagers and it will get you no where in life. (for the record: I no longer believe this, but I did when I was in high school. I can see some value in high school sports now.)

The last "organized" sport I played was soccer when I was like 10 years old. I did play some other sports between then, but those were related to other activities like church or whatever.

In high school I was playing with chess pieces, computers and musical instruments more than I was anything else.

And, if you must know, I never graduated high school (got my GED 2 years later "just in case") and I most certainly didnt go to college. Very few people even know that I didnt actually graduate high school. I dropped out of high school to pursue other things. These other things have allowed me a lot of free time post 25 years old, which is why I spend a lot of time doing charity work and... recently, playing a lot of tennis. I'm not going to say im retired, but I certainly and not bound by a 9 to 5 schedule.

That video is from a transition from my old, raw, powerful but unreliable serve motion. The reason why my timing is so off is because im transitioning from a very boxy and deliberate motion to a more fluid open one.

That video was never intended at its creation to showcase serve speed. That video at its creation was just intended to show me what I look like in the new form. I learn a lot by watching myself do things.

I merely offered that video to TT to show what I have. If I was as concerned to proving myself on the internet than learning I would just make a video of my using my old motion and ripping serves down the T.

My old serve motion requires incredible leg endurance for it to work which I cannot maintain over multiple sets. A solution was needed. The serve video you're watching is me in between the old and the new. You can see me explaining to my teacher about using the pinpoint stance. You also have to consider that this video was made on our first or second lesson, not nearly enough time to get the fluidity of motion properly timed.

Yep. That is exactly what we were talking about before we went off topic. We went from "put away balls" to "5.0 singles players instantly putting away 70 mph serve returns that are an inch from their big toe 100% of the time."

"A floater is a put-away at any level" is probably a better choice of words.
Can you repost your serve link on Youtube?
sureshs is offline   Reply With Quote