View Single Post
Old 09-26-2012, 12:41 PM   #14
Meaghan
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by TW Staff View Post
I have a plus 5lbs bump in tension for the C10 Pro over the Prestige MP which helps level the playing field in regards to control. If I string the C10 Pro at 52lbs like I do with the Prestige, then the ball will tend to fly on me. I also tend to favor a deader poly in the C10 Pro to further help with control and find the racquet is more than comfortable enough to handle it. One of the reasons I've been hitting the C10 Pro is because I have been doing a lot of string testing and find that stick somewhat string sensitive, which helps. I love the feel of the C10 Pro, and agree an 18x20 pattern would be very interesting.

Chris, TW
Not so sure about an 18x20 but I think there's room for an extra string up top to even out the stringbed. It seems the middle to top strings are quite open, they even out middle to lower bottom where the sweetspot is with the wider shoulders. I also think a 16x20 string pattern would stiffen up that fluffiness players talk about with the c10's upper hoop, Im no scientist tho so who knows. I actualy like that fluffiness up top

Ive been using tour bite 1.25 around 55lbs and they are very well suited indeed, a perfect match to the c10's comfortable frame and as these volkl's volley so well, I dont notice the TB's tinny feel at the net so much. I dont find control much of an issue at all, tour bite just reigns the ball in like its on a string.

Chris......I love this manouverable volkl's especially the dnx10mid which I preferred over the pb10mid as it was a crisper, the c10 reminds me of that, a bigger brother, almost a steely feel......I was intereted in picking up the X10 just to try out alongside. Ive heard about its stiffer hoop and overall stiffer feel from the threads and reviews, what would you say were the major differences between the two sticks??
Meaghan is offline   Reply With Quote