View Single Post
Old 09-26-2012, 11:54 AM   #19
tennis5
Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisgene View Post
Yeah right, so sorry a s s coaches like you get USTA funds, I don't think so... USTA is not stupid, they know who the best kids are and they are watching them, giving them money, supporting them, offering free training travel reimbursements etc. They are getting it done and I know it sucks for you to sit at home and wish you were involved. American youngsters are getting better and better and there are a bunch of them coming up, thanks to the USTA. USTA do have a formula that is working, it took them a few years to identify the kids since Pmac came in and we are witnessing the rise of USA tennis, it is right around the corner I think more so with girls than boys but I really think that both are on track.
Already Banned? Wow, that was quick.

So, I guess no need for you to respond, but this is not true.......

USTA is not stupid, they know who the best kids are and they are watching them, giving them money, supporting them, offering free training travel reimbursements etc.

What I have observed is the USTA up here in the North, brings kids in, trains them,

75% of the time injures them,

NO ONE SUPERVISES them 50% of the time,

And then after the kid made a sincere effort by dropping out of school and being homeschooled
( and some here know my feelings about that...),

Then they are kicked them out........

So, besides the fact that they appear clueless about who is the best.......
Their strategy seems to be throwing darts against a wall, and seeing what sticks.
Forgetting along the way that they are dealing with little people, kids who have feelings and can be injured by them.
They also do a mind trip on the kids when they kick them out and this is disastrous long term as they take away the kid's confidence
in his or her tennis abilities......

And of course, I am wondering why so much money is spent on so few players who the USTA doesn't even stand by....
Check out the Boca boys and see who got kicked out of there recently.......

Last edited by tennis5 : 09-26-2012 at 12:07 PM.